Monday, December 06, 2004

Just When I Thought I Could Slack Off

I'm a slacker. I confess. There is nothing I love more than to wander aimlessly outside gazing happily at the fluffy white clouds while inside the house dirty dishes congregate on the counters laying plans to stage a revolution and seize the kitchen by sheer force of numbers. Today was cloudy; there were no fluffy white clouds in the heavens. So I took a nap with the cat. Ah, indolence!

To tell the truth, I've been getting lackidasical about the blog, too, starting to let my attitude of diligence slide. Then, not ten minutes ago, I web-wandered onto Marriages Restored, Ben's blog. His post on Quotidian Light took me totally by surprise and smacked me right upside the head (as we say in Missouri) with conviction. Ben, did you have to emphasize the word "daily" in your definition of "quotidian?!?" Argh! :::writhing in conviction:::

Seems like God does this to me, though. He knows and I know that I'm not doing something I need to be doing, so He sends gentle or not so gentle nudges. If I don't comply, the nudges turn into tender shoves. Ignore those, and He trips me to get me to hold still and pay attention. Once or twice He's gone so far as a full body slam. Ouch!

I don't think I can handle a spiritual body slam at this point, so I'm taking the hint. Ben, thanks for your kind words and for being the messenger of conviction.

Time to get back to work.

3 comments:

Joyella said...

Okay, so I just deleted my own comment, and I don't know how I did it.

Blogger, darn you! I have been having a fight with blogger the past two days and I keep losing.

Anyway, I am glad to see you got off your laurels and posted some more :) I also saw the high praises on Ben's site on your behalf, and I must concur. Way to go Cindy! Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Joyella--I've been enjoying your blog, too. Seems I'm not the only one to have picked up the pace on the posting again. ;)

Randy--You are just all ENFwhatsit, aren't you? (They see possibilities in/for other people and excell in motivating them to action.) :) Yes. You were right. You get to be the good twin on this one.

Lucindyl said...

Why my own site doesn't think I have a name, I don't know. :::sigh:::