Thirteen Gifts I'm Giving Myself for my 38th Birthday
1. The gift of kindness and appreciation toward my body--instead of constant mental abuse and physical neglect.
2. The gift of movement--daily walks, yoga, stretching, dancing, pacing, whatever--with no expectations or "exercise" rules attached.
3. The gift of plentious water.
4. The gift of available fresh fruit and vegetables.
5. The gift of permission to do one thing at a time, to throw multi-tasking out the window.
6. The gift of deliberate time for meditation.
7. The gift of permission to play without producing something profitable or worthwhile.
8. The gift of permission to wholeheartedly enjoy the things I really love instead of the ones I think I ought to love.
9. The gift of permission to think the experts and important people are idiots.
10. The gift of self-encouragement instead of self-beration.
11. The gift of acceptance--not fighting or feeling guilty about my limitations, but learning the subtle freedoms that lie within them and glorying in those.
12. The gift of hearty approval to be nobody.
13. The gift of hiddenness, willingly given.