Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Unexpected Swing

It could very well be the sunshine, or maybe it's the sound of birdsong wafting through the open windows with the breeze. Whatever it is, I've awakened the last two mornings feeling more alive, lighter, even (brace yourselves) happier than I've been in a long, long time. Despite allergies and a wall of dishes to be washed by hand and a yard that in in desperate need of mowing and three tabards to make for The Older Daughter's school play, I feel wonderful when I open my eyes in the morning!

Know what I think it is? Not writing, no. Having written! Yes, thus far I'm two for two on the poem-a-day effort. (Well, two poems and a bit of horrible doggerel, actually, but who's counting?) I go to bed satisfied. I wake up...happy. The word is alien in my mouth, but sweet. Happy... Happy... Happy...

It's like living in a whole new plane of existence. Nirvana must be like this--only maybe with the dishes washed.

5 comments:

Beth Impson said...

YES!!!!

Even when it's "not much", even when it's rough drafts, it's SOMETHING THAT'S BEEN WRITTEN!!!!

Have been noticing the same thing lately. The evenings I put it off to grade papers, I am miserable the next morning. The evenings I say the papers can wait for daylight, I feel much better the next morning.

One of my plans is to answer your letter -- in the same medium! -- this weekend. (That's to ensure that it goes to the top of the priority list and urgent junk doesn't crowd it out.)

Love you,

Beth

GrumpyTeacher1 said...

Yea!

thewayseeker said...

Hey...I happened to like that bit of doggerel. :)

Jennifer said...

Yay for being happy!

Lucindyl said...

Beth--I will look forward to the letter.

GT--...and verily!

Seeker--When I was writing it, I said to myself, "Self," I said, "I bet Seeker will like this little bit of doggerel." :)

Jennifer--Oh, you're not kidding! Thank you for sharing in it.