Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Celebrate International Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Every year we observe International Talk Like a Pirate Day. At least, some of us do. Great Scott gives his students extra credit for answering roll with the reply, "Arrgh!" I roust the girls out of their bed with a cheery, "Avast, ye landlubbers and scurvy dogs!" And I see that Jeremy has posted a rousing pirate ditty.

For those of you who aren't as confident of your pirate lingo skills, Quotidian Light is happy to provide you with access to an educational video. (Link compliments of my father, who instilled in me my great love of all the finer things in life.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Drink Up me hearties, Yo ho!

Meg said...

People at Wal-Mart seemed rather amused by my pirate speak..thank you for sharing that it was National speak like a pirate day...made my week!