Friday, November 19, 2004

Light for Today

This morning's light was clouded. And beautiful. I know chilly, misty mornings depress some people, but to me they're comforting, softened around the corners. The trees in our yard are completely bare of leaves now, and their black branches stand out against the pale grey sky like Chinese calligraphy, delicate and bold. I lay awake trying to decipher them for a little while. Sometimes mystery is better than knowing, though. Even if it is more frustrating.

2 comments:

Lucindyl said...

Merci, Randy. As I'd said, I'm still playing. When our older daughter was a baby/toddler, she'd often extend one cautious finger and touch something, then look at it for a long time before she'd actually start playing with it.

I think I know where she got that. :o

Another misty morning today. Am quietly and inordinately happy. :)

Astrid said...

Wow, sounds like a truly magical sight to me!!! And mornings like those never depress me for I just put on my hat, shawl and mittens, turn my music on, hop on my bike and happily with the beauty of nature surrounding me I cycle off to whatever destination I have that day.. and today my destination is home ... yay, its weekend!!!! Haha ... Big fuzzy hugs, Astrid.