Seeker tapped me for this meme. Thanks, Seeker.
1. What were three of the stupidest things you've done in your life?
(Things to which I'll admit in wide-open cyberspace, that is. )
1). Left an "n" out of the second word of the phrase, "the annals of history" in a university research paper.
2). Put one end of an electrical cord in my mouth to lick off cake batter after it fell out of a hand-held blender. The other end was still plugged into the wall.
3). Learned the Spanish Panic dance routine from Once Upon a Mattress (a musical) two days after biopsy surgery on a lymph node from my groin. (Pulled stitches are no fun!)
2. At the current moment, who has the most influence in your life?
Great Scott, my dad and Rumi, humanly speaking.
3. If you were given a time machine that functioned and you were allowed to pick up to five people to dine with, who would you pick?
Mary Oliver (who is still living)
Jesus (although the whole time I'd be worrying about whether he'd beconsidering himself to be dining with a Pharisee or a woman of questionable reputation. And desperately hoping for the latter.)
4. If you had three wishes that were not supernatural, what would they be?
1). That people would listen more to each other.
2). That I didn't secondguess my every thought and breath.
3). That our girls will live wise and happy lives. (Assuming the two are not mutually incompatable.)
5. Someone is visiting your hometown. Name two things you regret your city not having and two things people should avoid.
1). Any sort of artistic cultural activities.
2). Pizza delivery.
Things to avoid:
1). Cowboy. (Cowboy is a 30-something year-old guy who rides his mountain bike around town. He used to drive a lawn mower, but the cops got tired of pulling him out of the ditches when he'd get soused on Friday nights.)
2). Literary discussions. Unless you like romance novels or Hank the Cowdog.
6. Name one event that has changed your life.
7. Tag five people
It's been so long since I've blogged, I don't know if there are five people who read this left to tag. If you're reading, consider yourself tapped. How's that?